In today’s competitive work environment, the one thing that makes you stand out as a company is your people. When Dale Carnegie Training conducted a study of 1,500 employees, they discovered engaged employees significantly outperform. But how do you effectively engage your employees? Get creative!
Your employees want to feel valued, included and empowered. They are waiting for you, senior management, to show that you respect them, that their opinions matter, and that you welcome and appreciate their significant contributions to the company. If you’re stuck for ideas to engage them, we’ve thought of plenty. Each one will help, together they develop high performing, engaged teams.
- Be a better frontline boss. Immediate manager relationship is critical to engagement: Dale Carnegie Training Research Study found that “49 percent of employees who are satisfied with their direct manager were engaged.”
- Be a leader they can believe in. Belief in senior leadership is critical to engagement: Dale Carnegie Training Research Study found that “61 percent of employees who have confidence in their leadership’s abilities and think that senior leaders are moving the organization in the right direction are fully engaged.
- Empower your employees. Dale Carnegie Training Research Study found that “61 percent of employees who say they are satisfied with the amount of input they have in decisions affecting their work are engaged.”
- Be a caring manager. Dale Carnegie Training Research Study found that “the relationship with the immediate supervisor has a major impact on their employees’ performance. Employees want to feel that their immediate supervisors care about their lives outside of work and understand how that can affect job performance. The extra care can lead to heightened productivity, satisfied customers and increased sales.”
- Show interest in your employees. Dale Carnegie Training Research Study shows: “Employees are more engaged if they feel their managers care about their lives outside of work and understand how that can affect job performance.”
Click here to download all 50 tips and ideas.
To explore more ways, we have developed an engaging free seminar
Engaging Employees by Winning Hearts and Minds –
9am – 11am
Click here to reserve your place or for more details call 020 7379 432