Contract/Interim | £600 - £700 | London
Annapurna Recruitment are working with a global insurance company on an exciting new transformation programme. The Solution Architect is responsible for shaping and driving the architecture and technical direction of this organisations new IT Applications, ensuring that the use of technology is aligned with the overall company direction and business strategy regarding applications, data and infrastructure, and supportive of organisation's ambitious digital transformation.
* Key member of a cross team/multi skilled high performing agile team accountable for shaping and implementing the organisations future
* Define and develop the overall technology architecture philosophy and 'big picture', including hardware platforms, operating systems, cloud, RDBMS, middleware, etc
* Responsible for building and maintaining technology solutions for organisation
* Responsible for preventing the uncontrolled proliferation of technologies
* Responsible for creating and maintaining relevant architecture principles
* Build relationships with business functions to identify the potential application of emerging technology
* Responsible for ensuring that new projects and initiatives meet agreed technical principles and are consistent with the strategic technology direction, constantly refining and developing principles to ensure they remain up to date
* Responsible for defining non-functional requirements for company systems
* Responsible for providing architecture support at project initiation stage. This may include the provision of high-level estimates
* Responsible for providing subject matter expertise and influencing key business and IT stakeholders to ensure solutions are modern and fit for a dynamic and agile, fast paced environment.
* Proven Architect experience in a scaled Agile/Digital environment
* Extensive experience in designing and building IT applications and driving forward delivery.
* Demonstrable evidence of working within the full system development lifecycle process using scaled agile methodologies /lean governance models.
* Proven knowledge of, and previous exposure to, a wide range of technologies and the ability to relate those to the technology in use or planned in organisation such as AWS technologies and services, Cloud and Third party Services, Spring Boot, Kafka, Microservices and API Gateways, Linux, Data Lakes and Analytics, etc.
* Experience of an architecture framework and methodology such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc. Ability to think problems and solutions through clearly and put forward clear options/recommendations
* Structured investigative and analytical skills
* Able to understand at a detailed level how the various components of an IT infrastructure fit together and articulate this in written and spoken words to both technical and non-technical staff.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to influence at all levels
* AWS or Java certification is desirable.
Annapurna Recruitment are acting as recruitment partner for this vacancy . Mark Stanton is the agent looking after this role. For more visit https://www.annapurnarecruitment.com/Apply Now
Connect With Us
9th Floor, The London Studios,
60-72 Upper Ground, Bishop's,