London / Hybrid – 12-18 Months
Product Owner required to join a booming digital agency, working on cutting-edge platform development projects. You will be driven, curious, an exceptional problem solver and have exceptional business acumen. Responsibilities:
- Serve as the voice of the client, representing client needs within the Agile software development team.
- Develop scope, define and prioritize backlog items ( epics /features/ user stories ) that guide the Agile software development team, and ensure work is focused on those of maximum value and strategic alignment.
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Assist the broader product team during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams, including the creation of acceptance criteria.
- Creating new tools, and maintaining and enhancing existing offerings within no-code development platforms.
- Onboarding clients, helping drive product adoption, and helping the broader product team develop standard onboarding processes based on client feedback and experience.
- Assisting across the end-to-end product lifecycle as appropriate, for example authoring documentation and nomenclature both on and off-line.
Essential skills and experience:
- Agile software development: Experience of working as part of an agile team in a software development environment.
- User story definition: Ability to define and document any and all user stories through collaboration with UX researchers, software developers and the broader team.
- Product Backlog Management: Prioritising backlogs within relevant tools (JIRA/MS DevOps).
- Software principles and skills: A high level understanding of cloud environments and architecture, front-end UX, databases and APIs.
- Communication skills: Communicates clearly and effectively, demonstrates ability to adapt to different client styles and behaviours. Can clearly understand instructions and is not afraid to ask for clarity or challenge instructions where appropriate.
- Personal Skills: Meticulous attention to detail, consistently works at a very high standard without supervision. A problem-solver and people-pleaser by nature. Shows resilience and ability to develop from constructive feedback.
Sound like you?
For more information get in contact