Communications Specialist, London, Media, £600/day
Communications Specialist - £400p/d-£600p/d - London, United Kingdom
A leading media organisation is To maximise the their creative use of digital channels in publicising programmes or services, protecting the corporation's reputation and communicating key policies and messages.
* Capture and produce rich multimedia content for digital publication, working closely with wider communications and business teams.
* Edit, commission and write material for external publication across various channels.
* Where appropriate, carry out production editor responsibilities such as editing external web pages; uploading content and ensure that all published content is signed off for compliance and adheres to their editorial standards.
* Work with colleagues in digital team to help transform the companies corporate presence online and supporting general web developer activities.
* Support announcements, speeches, events and major corporate moments, working with colleagues in the wider Communication team.
* Control the quality of content to ensure it is appropriate for target users (i.e. journalists, online influencers, Alumni, bloggers and audiences).
* Ensure all published content complies with the companies policies on diversity and relevant company safety rules, procedures and guidelines.
* Champion digital and social media for the Communications community, actively engaging with colleagues across the company.
* Evaluate work, collecting and analysing evidence to assess impact of communications work and sharing lessons with wider team.
* Ensure centrally-held data is accurate and complete, regularly updating databases to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and the companie's data protection policy.
* Support the running of social media channels and assist with the production of assets for use online and social media
* Highly-effective interpersonal and communication skills, (verbal and written), including the ability to present clear and concise professional communications to a range of audiences.
* Proven experience of using a wide range of digital and social media platform/tools.
* A good standard of multimedia production skills to produce and edit rich content for external sites.
* Ability to establish and maintain credibility and effective working relationships with a wide range of contacts, as well as the ability to influence and advise stakeholders.
* Ability to work effectively in a team and lead on projects yet work independently, using initiative to solve problems when required.
* A good working knowledge and use of social media for promoting content and news stories.
* Excellent organisational abilities and attention to detail -ability to prioritise.
* Where appropriate, web development and production skills and ability.
* Knowledge and/or experience of the media/broadcasting environment
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high profile organisation during a substantial period of change. Annapurna Change are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Afonso Martins is the consultant for this vacancy.