Permanent | £80000 - £90000 | London
Annapurna Recruitment are currently working with a leading construction company in the London to recruit a new Head of IT. This exciting contract opportunity is outside of IR35, and applicants need to be able to start ASAP.
The organisation is undertaking a programme to separate its UK IT function from its US parent, including applications, onboarding an MSP, and networks. The jobholder will be accountable for the establishing the IT department, along with the ongoing delivery and support of the systems and technology portfolio for the UK’s IT projects and initiatives which align to the business processes. The job holder will lead and drive the completion of the programme whilst managing and supporting the day-to-day delivery of several work streams and technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Below is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post. Further tasks and responsibilities may be required within the demands of the business.
· Oversee and manage the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of the organisational IT systems. This includes technology infrastructure, cyber security, backup, operating systems, cloud services, managed services, servers, workstations (PCs, laptops, mobile devices), software applications, domains, web sites, telephones and other technology peripherals always working to assure technology readiness.
· Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements. In a normal workday provide users with application system and technical support for systems, data, computer problems, security and user help systems. Identify, understand, plan and manage technology dependencies.
· Oversee the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with those existing. Provide expert advice and support when systems are being upgraded or installed, or when there are conversions or file maintenance. Liaise regularly with executive and senior management as well as systems users. Work closely with staff to develop plans and strategies so technology services can be enhanced, and user effectiveness improved. Apply an innovative approach to problem solving across a range of hardware, software and systems within the Company.
· Lead the IT team of 1-2 technical staff and others in translating requirements into plans and deliveries. Manage IT staff and contracted service providers, with responsibility for contracting, hiring, evaluation, training, guidance, disciplinary procedures and dismissals. Develop policies and standard operating procedures aligned to best practice, ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for IT staff and all end-users.
· Ensure written documentation is created and maintained to include policies & procedures, user and system manuals, license agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades.
· Complete the onboarding of the MSP; Negotiate with other suppliers of IT services, hardware and software to obtain the best terms, conditions and pricing. Take primary responsibility for contracting with consultants and making service agreements.
· Ensure the compliance of IT projects to applicable regulatory bodies – including but not limited to appropriate security, compliance, and standards. Align IT systems and processes with the appropriate IT governance and reporting frameworks within UK.
· Assist in the creation of the IT technology roadmap, operation budget and capital projects budget.
· Keep up to date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements.
· Effectively engage and manage the dependencies with US IT Shared Services until such time that the UK has been carved-away from the US business.
This role will lead a team of 1-2 technical staff. The jobholder will also be required to work closely with a wide range of people from all departments and external service provision companies.
Qualifications & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications desirable to perform the role.
· Educated to degree level or professional equivalent
· 8+ years IT Managerial and Technology Support experience
· Experience in IT operations management including strategies for learning technologies and the use of new technologies to improve cost effectiveness and performance of IT systems.
· Experience managing and leading an IT team
· Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and GDPR in relation to IT systems and security.
· Demonstrated experience and expertise in AZURE Cloud services, Microsoft Dynamics 365, MS Office 365, LMS 365, Microsoft Flows, PowerBI, OSIsoft PI, KMI Velocity, Snowflake data lakes and data warehouse, Tabware CMMS, and Weightron
· Practical working knowledge of LAN / vLAN / WAN / WIFI technologies, and TCP/IP protocols
· Experience of planning and managing projects to meet customer expectations and deliver cost effective robust solutions.
· Good knowledge and handling of project and programme management methodology and techniques. Excellent team leadership and project management skills and comfortable with managing IT projects.
· Tenacious approach to problem solving, constantly striving for effective solutions.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, empathy and at times, fortitude and resilience.
· Ability to create and maintain a culture and vision where IT colleagues are engaged with the needs of the business stakeholders with a passion for scaling and transforming business processes.
· Highly commercial
· Able to thrive in pressurized environments, with a clear approach to decision making.
· An advocate of change, with significant experience of implementing IT change.
· Mature communication skills and comfortable with communicating complex IT information to the business through the full range of roles.
· Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
· Highly proficient in risk, resource and cost management.
Garth Davson is the recruitment consultant managing the vacancy. For me email firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now
Connect With Us
9th Floor, The London Studios,
60-72 Upper Ground, Bishop's,