Top Tips for Christmas Job Hunting
Christmas time is a busy period in terms of festivities, however you shouldn’t leave your job hunt under the Christmas tree if you really want the new year to start with a ‘new year, new me, new job’!
December and January are generally the best time in a year to search job. Although most of the companies are taking a break between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, you should be aware that holidays allow you to perfect your applications and sharpen your interview skills.
Whilst wrapping those presents for your relatives and friends, you can think about these 5 reasons to keep your job hunt active!
1) Hiring budgets are reset for the beginning of the next year - because December 31st is generally the fiscal year-end, this means that a large amount of roles open up in companies in January.
2) People feel happier in this period of celebrations and are normally more receptive to a personal email and pay attention to your profile.
3) Use the holiday season to take time to update and refine your LinkedIn profile: hiring managers need to get the latest and most relevant information about you, as they will look at hundreds of profiles.
4) During this festive period, turn your social meetings/gatherings into networking opportunities: you may build relationships and hear about new opportunities.
5) Avoiding the January rush is important if you need a new role immediately: there’s less competition during Christmas time because most job hunters think this is the worst period to apply for jobs.
Keep in mind that setting goals, like new year resolutions, is a good way to stay motivated and run you job search efficiently!
Want to increase your chances of getting the dream job in 2019? Get in touch with our consultants on LinkedIn to help you find the best opportunities across Europe in HR, IT and Change sectors.